Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Take On Me" by Aha - January 6th 80's Quest Song/Band of the day

O.K., I might not loooove this song, but I do think it was one of the better videos made during the 1980's, so because of that (and because I have to come up with 365 bands), it gets listed. The fact is, when this video came out we all had never seen anything like it, and everyone was talking about it and the cool effects. So that counts for something. Younger people today seem to put A-ha right on the top of the list when they think about bands of the 80's, but actually it seemed like this was the only song that anyone really knew. I didn't know anyone who bought their album, or went to see them in concert or anything. I think they tried to come out with another song and had a lesser hit (maybe it was called "The Sun Always Shines on T.V.?"), but I can't even remember how that song sounds. So no....they were not one of the great bands loved by all, but this video sure was! They were also Norweigan!

Lyrics:

We're talking away
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your love, OK?

[Chorus]
Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
I'll be stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is OK
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

[Chorus]

Oh the things that you say
Is it live or
Just to play my worries away
You're all the things I've got to remember
You're shying away
I'll be coming for you anyway

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment