Monday, November 19, 2012

"Coming Up Close" by 'til Tuesday - November 14th 80's Quest Song Band of the Day


Lyrics:

One night in Iowa, he and I in a borrowed car
Went driving in the summer, promises in every star
Out in the distance I could hear some people laughing
I felt my heart beat back a weekend's worth of sadness

There was a farmhouse that had long since been deserted    
We stopped and carved our hearts into the wooden surface   
We thought just for an instant we could see the future     
We thought for once we knew what really was important     
CHORUS:
Coming up close
Everything sounds like welcome home
Come home and oh, by the way
Don't you know that I could make 
a dream that's barely half-awake come true
I wanted to say -
but anything I could have said
I felt somehow that you already knew


We got back in the car and listened to a Dylan tape       
We drove around the fields until it started getting late  
And I went back to my hotel room on the highway           
And he just got back in his car and drove away   
       
CHORUS

Coming up close                                          
Everything sounds like welcome home                            
Come home                                                 

Coming up close                                           
Everything sounds like welcome home                            
Come home
Come on home

No comments:

Post a Comment