Friday, August 10, 2012

"Joan of Arc" by O.M.D. - August 10th - 80's Quest Song/Band of the Day

Lyrics:

Little catholic girl is fallin' in love
A face on a page, a gift from above

She should've known better
Than to give her heart
She should've known better
Than to ever part without me, without me

I gave her everything that I ever owned
I think she understood, but she never spoke

She shouldn't oughta try to be that way
She shouldn't have to go there ever again
without me, without me

Now listen to us good and listen well
Listen to the song and everything we tell

We should've known better
Than to give her away
We should've known better
To this very day,
without me, without me

Now listen, Joan Of Arc,
all you gotta do
Say the right words and I'll be coming through
Hold you in my arms and
Take you right away

Now she's turned away
to another land
We never understood it why she gave her hand

She shouldn't oughta promise,
'cos it's just pretend
I know she doesn't mean it
And she'll leave again without me, without me

No comments:

Post a Comment